Friday, October 19, 2007

PIQF- 2007 10-20-07

I always takes me some days to get pictures of an event edited and organized. Partially because after I have been on the computer for several hours my eyesight deserts me and I have to get away for some eye rest. But I now have all the images from Pacific International Quilt Festival - 2007 on an album which you can see at: http://picasaweb.google.com/DELQLTS/PIQF2007101107?authkey=t4EkrNTMgjM

I took the pictures I chose to take and made comments on them that are strictly my opinion. One thing we have noticed each year is the excessive quilting on many of the quilts - quilting that has no relationship to the design and actually obliterates it. And each year it seems to be more prevalent. I wondered out loud, "why?" and someone said, "because they can." I'm not the only one that is bothered by this trend, many people spoke of it while standing in front of a quilt, shaking their heads. There are several quilts pictured that the quiltmaker is 'spot on' w/matching the design and the quilting - I do admire those quilts and those quiltmakers.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

Hi Del,
I was appalled to see the fold in my Ann Frank quilt! Thanks for trying to straighten it. May I use your photo of my piece? I'd like to post it on my blog.