Tuesday, March 4, 2008

CA wildflowers 03-03-08

This picture didn't post on yesterday's blog. It is looking northeast along I-5 south of San Onofre. In the center is another patch of Tidy-tips, Goldfields and Cream cups center right and lower right corner is wild mustard. As you can see the traffic was light when I was on this stretch of road about 4:30pm - amazing.

This is a somewhat famous image that has been placed all over the map, but was actually taken in the early spring of 2005 in a area east of Bakersfield and west of Tehachapi, CA. It appears that every wildflower that grows in the Central Valley is blooming in this valley. I can't give acknowledgment for the picture because I've seen it so many places I'm not sure who took the picture.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jpsam said...

That image is new to me. Spectacular! Thanks for sharing it!