Friday, February 12, 2010

Miscellaneous 02-11-10

I drive by this house when I go to my doctor's office. It looks so welcoming - I want to knock and ask if I could come in for tea - I'll bring the sweet treats to go along with the tea!!
Here is a warning from the FDA that we all need to take to heart. How horrible it would be to lose the sense of smell and the sense of taste. Why is this product still on the market? $$$, probably. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm167065.htm
These pictures of Wisconsin's white deer are the best that I have seen. The deer are so amazing - I would like to see them in the wild, but not enough to go in winter! http://www.pbs.org:80/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=inwi10s22a3q81f
Tomorrow Liz and I will drive out to San Jacinto to the 30th annual quilt show of Valley Quilters. It isn't a large show, but they have nice quilts and the ladies are all very welcoming. They have a great "boutique" that is usually mobbed, but we manage to squeeze in and drop a few dollars. The highlight of the trip is really the chance to get out into the countryside, away from suburbia - to see the gamboling lambs and fresh green grass and smell the clean air. And maybe even see some early wild flowers.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

What a nice door. You have an alert eye -- you see things that most of us just pass by.
I have a bright door in teal, but it isn't fancy like the one you spotted.

Vicki W said...

Most days I can't smell anything. it's nothing to do with Zicam, it's just my horrid sinuses. While it's a bother, it's not debilitating. It seems to me that 130 people out of the millions of people who have used the product seems to be a pretty small correlation. Sometimes I think that the government really overreaches. I think they could force some additional testing or a warning but forcing the company to remove the product seems a bit draconian.

Deborah said...

What a lovely door!

Patty ♣ said...

Oh DEL! I love the white deer piece!
I had to add it to my FB page!! Also the other pieces on that site were wonderful!
THANKS!
Have fun at the show, and seeing the countryside!

Rayna said...

What a lovely way to spend the weekend! Enjoy the show,buy some goodies,and have fun with the clean air and wildflowers. As always, looking forward to a report and pictures.
R

Terry Grant said...

I used that nasal spray once, on someone's recommendation, and it was so unpleasant that I was sure it was doing more harm than good! Turns out I may have been right. Glad I never used it again. I'd hate to lose my sense of smell.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

That door is wonderful and I want my yellow livingroom a lighter share of that.
I think the trim around the door is what makes it so delightful....I am marrying a carpenter in my next like...and a chef.....