Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trying to keep up 02-04-10

Except that it is one wall in the office this image has nothing to do with anything, but every blog post needs a photo - right? I took it a few weeks ago when I was learning about the new Canon camera. The trees were Floyd's - I have just left them on the wall all these years. There is no "tree" view from inside my house, so I pretend they are windows. The moose/cat is one of my favorites that goes around online periodically, I printed it out in December 2003; the chain link fence and a boat parked in the yard are reminiscent of my childhood neighborhood.
The blue hydrangea in yesterday's post came from Trader Joe's - they put the potted plants at the entrance/exit to tempt us into thinking it is not winter! It is lovely to have something so beautiful to view as I walk up and down the front hall. I moved it against the fireplace wall because the light is too strong to shoot toward the outside window - and the stones make a nice background. Growing up I thought that only blue hydrangeas grew in Oregon and only pink in SCalifornia. Then I learned about the differences in soil; of course, now they are hybridized to offer certain colors anywhere.
Some readers worry when I don't blog - I apologize for not keeping up-to-date. There is nothing major wrong - life is just overwhelming me right now. I think back to the days when I could juggle four newsletters for four different groups, attend meetings for a few more, keep a clean house, plan a vacation, enjoy visiting my friends and, of course, love a husband. But the years flit by and I find I have increasingly limited capacities for all these things. I did finish the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter, another 17 page tome, and it has been posted. http://tinyurl.com.ybfynjb Today I pick up Corky, the Poodle Prince, for his four nights at Camp Del. Which means I needed to do beforehand all the things he cannot "help" me with - PO, Trader Joe's, CVS drugstore, etc. All places that don't allow dogs - even though I will guarantee that MY dog is better behaved and probably cleaner than 99% of the children that are allowed inside. Corky will go to Physical Therapy with me this morning, he just curls up in his stroller and goes to sleep -unless the employees come around to coo and stroke, then he sits up cutely and hopes someone has a treat in their pocket. I hope that while he is here I will get some sewing time in, but ..who knows, the days fly by and Monday will be here sooner than I think. I will try to post a quilt on Sunday. Meanwhile, thanks for worrying!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Del, I love the trees! They do look like windows! I haven't had a lot of time to read the newsletter. I KNOW you put a lot of time into that and it sure shows! Thank you! Enjoy Corky and I hope you can do some sewing!!

dee said...

A quick look made me think I was looking through windows as well.
Glad you are well and just a bit frazzled. That's a feeling I can relate to. Take it slow. We'll be here when you're ready.

Christine Thresh said...

At first glance (and even second) I thought I saw trees through a window. I'd like to see something like that on a blank wall around here. I could fool myself every day.
None of us can do the things we did easily at 25. We can't worry about it, although it is frustrating. But we are so much smarter nowadays and have wisdom to share.
You do many interesting things -- it sometimes tires me out to read about your adventures.