Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More SAQA conference/Denver 07-05-11

 
Here is a picture taken by Linda Colsh at the SAQA conference.  It must have been at one of the "breakout" sessions during the day.  I wrote down the names of people at the tables at each session, but I don't know which session this was!  She looks wonderful, doesn't she?  Such great coloring and clothing.  If you know who it is, please let me know.  As for me - I look rather mean, don't I?  I was tempted to remove a few facial bumps and bulges, but this is what I look like, so why pretend?  I'm wearing one of Rayna Gillman's fabulous silk crepe scarves and intend to do a Blog post about "art scarves" soon - as soon as I take some pictures. 

Carol Ann Waugh kindly sent the following information:  This lady is Dianne Denholm. She owned a sewing/fabric store in Denver for many years and then started TACtile -- a fiber art center.  http://www.tactilearts.org/
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

That scarf is really beautiful.
Loved yesterday's photos of the ever adorable Prince. Glad you had a nice 4th

Dolores said...

I think you look grand, missy!!! I love the scarf and look forward to seeing your blog on the artist. I miss you!!! When are you going to Empty Spools next year? XX, Dolores

Carol Ann Waugh said...

The woman in this picture with you is Dianne Denholm. She owned a sewing/fabric store in Denver for many years and then started TACtile -- a fiber art center.
http://www.tactilearts.org/

And I think you look great! Love your hats!

I am in Grand Junction, CO to take 4 days of classes with Rayna and am sure I will learn a lot about surface design. I hope she brings some of her beautifu scarves.....

So nice meeting you in Denver!