Thursday, May 10, 2012

TCQC Program 05-10-12

In January the Crazy Quilters Quilt Guild scheduled me for a program and yesterday was the day.  This group meets at Leisure World in Laguna Woods, CA, and is celebrating their ten year anniversary.  
I've been concerned that I wouldn't be over whatever "bug" I have and my voice would disappear again.  I was okay yesterday, except for being exhausted when I got home, but this morning my voice was gone again.  I have an appointment with my GP on Monday, I hope she has an answer for me - this has been going on since April 7th!  I did a round of antibiotics, maybe they just were not enough.  

I took 30 quilts for my program - including a board full of 12x12s and a few postcards.  These three quilts were those that I hung on racks on the stage.  I wish I could hang many more quilts so that people could look at them closely, but it isn't practical.     

"Orange Peel Surprise"  Freddy Moran - Orinda, CA. 1997  62"W x 61"L
Paper pieced, machine quilted.
 
"The Street Corner"  Ruth B. McDowell -Colrain, MA. 2004 55"W x 41"L
Machine pieced and quilted.
 
"Walks in the Woods"  Frieda Anderson -Chicago, IL  2002  65"W x 56"L
Machine pieced and quilted.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cindy Cooksey said...

I've seen the bottom quilt somewhere. Was it at the Visions museum at some point? Or a Quilt Visions exhibit in Oceanside? I remember how much I loved it in person.