Sunday, August 12, 2012

Karen Cunagin quilt in TCQC 08-12-12

After posting this quilt on my Blog on 5-25-12 I kept visiting it at Visions Art Museum and thinking about how much I liked it.  Finally, I called the museum and told them to mark it sold.   Later that same day I made a quick stop at The Sewing Party Quilt Shop and there was Karen Cunagin teaching a class!  I could not pass up the chance to let her know that her quilt was sold, so I interrupted the class to give her a hug and tell her.  Very bad manners - but she was thrilled.  And I am thrilled to have this beautiful quilt in the Collection.   


"Cross the Road" Karen Cunagin - Fallbrook, CA 2011 54"W x 55"L
Fused applique, piecing, machine quilting. Commercial cotton fabrics.

For details and my previous comments see:

5 comments:

Nanette said...

I can see why you loved this quilt, it spoke to you.

Quiltedtime said...

I agree with Nanette. This quilt definitely has Del written all over it :-).

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Del! I too love this one!! So happy that it is "YOURS!"...Fun that you were able to tell the artist that you bought it!! Will look forward to seeing it sometime in person!

shilsenbeck said...

Del -- This is really a wonderful piece. congratulations.

June said...

Love this piece. And an hour a day on your personal art (which is allied with but different than your artistic collection) should bring great results. How was the ice cream?

Just checking in as I swing through all the blogs I haven't gotten to because of travel and hinky internets ("Internets"). We are in Franklin, Penna. (or PA in contemporary parlance), close to Oil City, PA (not kidding) and a place with some of the most ostentatious 19th century houses I've ever seen outside of places like Long Island. Lots of money seemed to have landed here a while back -- enough of it continues that many of the houses are beautifully kept up.

We are staying for 3 nights in Franklin in order to rest up a bit before the final short push, first to Wellsboro, and then down Pine Creek to the old home.

More than you wanted to know. I think I'm getting tired, so am blithering. It's almost 9 eastern time, but who knows what time my body thinks it is.