Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monday Browsing 08-20-12

New words in dictionary:

Article about Surfside Quilters Guild member Nancy Gasparotti:

How to separate a raw egg (not in English, but the pictures tell the story):

I enjoy playing with Scribbler and have posted some of my scribbles on my blog.
http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/scribblertoo/     This is my favorite version
http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/   This is the original


At the SQG meeting last Tuesday one of the ladies had this Sunbeam iron which is about half the size of a normal iron.  She had just purchased it, so had no review, but it looks like it would be nice for workshops.I use the little Clover stick iron, but it doesn't steam and sometimes steam is necessary. 


 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure it doesn't steam? It has holes in the sole plate.

Del said...

Yes, this one steams. I meant that the Clover stick iron doesn't steam, so this might be a good replacement.

Quiltedtime said...

Please let me know if you hear anything more about the performance of this iron, Del. It might be just what I need. The Clover just doesn't seem to get hot enough to fuse some of the fusibles and they pop right off when I go to work on my appliques.