Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Food again 09-25-12

A week ago Sunday I did a trunk show of quilts from TCQC at the annual meeting of Quilt Visions, the group that operates Visions Art Museum: Contemporary Quilts & Textiles in San Diego.  Afterward nine of us had an early dinner at Solare, one of my favorite restaurants at Liberty Station (which was the Naval Training Center until it became "surplus" and turned into a destination with galleries, shops, restaurants, etc.).  The food, service, presentation are all excellent and we were there before the dinner hour so there were not a lot of other guests talking and enjoying themselves.  Very nice because it seems to me that these days most restaurants are so noisy it is impossible to carry on a conversation.  Not having that problem the nine of us chattered away and enjoyed each other's company.   I didn't photograph my dinner which was pasta in a sauce with shrimp - delicious, but it looked like every other pasta dish we have all eaten in our lives!      

 
On either side of me the ladies ordered Kobi beef which was gorgeous and tasted gorgeous also, they let me have a taste. 
 
When the huge proportion of beef was "de-towered" the lovely veggies underneath were revealed. 
 
We only ordered one dessert, which came in two portions, or else the chef had cut it in two for us.  We passed it around the table so everyone could have a bite and when it came back to me I ate the bits that remained!
 
I can't give you the exact name, but it was a ricotta lemon cheesecake with a lovely crust served on a plate decorated with lemon sauce and strawberry sauce. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: