Sunday, November 11, 2012

A New Camera Cover 11-10-12


Is this just pitiful or what?  This camera cover is about eight years old and long past its "expiration date".  I have washed it several dozen times, I'm sure, but the colors have held up well, I think.   Finally, today I made a new cover. 
 
It needs to be bright so I can find it in my purse.  I like the polka dots on the periwinkle ground.
 
The back side is yellow/white/acid green/red - I ought to be able to see those colors in the dark depths of my purse.  .

Of course, the actual camera doesn't fit quite so tightly, but since I was using the camera to take the picture I had to stuff a little jewelry box inside to fill out the case. 
I'm so pleased with myself that I did this small bit of sewing.  Maybe there is more to come!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Good for you. It is cute.

Patty ♣ said...

Love the new camera case! Glad you found the time to make it!!

Loretta said...

Love it all! BRAVO!

June said...

Looks like a new artistic vision to me -- more spare, more 21st century? Well, I could be reading too much into the artifact -- maybe it's just the bright material you had on hand?

I need to make a new soft glass case; you may be my inspiration. But then I'd have to find the sewing machine....

Cindy Cooksey said...

How colorful and fun! Way better than a plain old ordinary camera case.