Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An ageing Poodle Prince 07-23-13

Corky, the Poodle Prince, will turn 17 next Monday.   He is deaf and is losing his sight, he is mostly far sighted now.  He has a quarter of a pain pill midday to easy the arthritis and a number of regular meds morning and evening.  He seems to me to be thinner and he is definitely more fragile.  We make a fine pair - my hearing is fine, but I have everything else he has.  I hope to have new glasses sometime this week. 


We spent some time together on Sunday and four hours this afternoon/evening, both times at his house. 
 

He had to make do for a couple hours while I washed the covers to his beds.
But he still had his tan pillow and the floppy lamb he seems to enjoy cuddling with.
 

Today he stretched out on the sofa in the family room - sleeping with one eye partially open.
 

I still love his tidy little feet.  However, he struggles with me when I want to brush his legs - I suppose it is the arthritis pain.   Tomorrow he has a regular date with the groomer.  And I have a med check with my doctor.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Loretta said...

He is a PRINCE! Sweet, sweet little guy. Take care, stay well.

Suzanne Kistler said...

He reminds me of my grandmother's poodle Mimi. She made it to 18 - my grandfather couldn't bear to part with "the faithful companion."

Your prince is beautiful. And obviously very very loved. :)

Anonymous said...

Our four-legged friends were born to be enjoyed. Steal every minute you can to take care of each other.

Christine Thresh said...

A good thing to remember is that dogs don't worry about the future. They just accept their limitations and carry on. I hope he continues to enjoy life even with his problems. Sweet little guy.