Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to you all 11-28-13



Not much to say this evening.  Since Corky is gone I spent the day alone and missed the little guy a lot.  It has been very quiet in my neighborhood, although there are about four times as many parked cars as usual.  Still quite a few older people living here and the families come home for Thanksgiving dinner.  I had chicken, broccoli, a baked potato, TJoe's cranberry/orange relish and one piece of See's candy.  I bought a pumpkin pie at TJoe's and it is the worst pie I have ever tasted - the crust is like plaster of Paris and it doesn't taste like pumpkin, in fact, I'm not sure what it tastes like.  Tomorrow I'm taking it back.  Yuck.

I've been working on the Surfside QGuild newsletter and also on the records for the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection.  Today was a good day to take some pictures of the many quilts I added from the SAQA auction.  I'll have to put the hanging stand up for the larger pieces I have acquired in the last few months - that can wait for another day.

Hope you all have had just the Thanksgiving you have hoped for.  Thank you for reading my blog and coming back often.  Love, Del-at-home

  Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Thank you for having a great blog that I can go to!! I feel closer to you now that I'm one of your groupies :) Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. XX

Sherrie Spangler said...

It sounds like you had a quiet, peaceful Thanksgiving. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I do read your blog, hope you're allright! Those new quilts will keep you busy for now.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I learn so much from your stories and fabulous quilt collection.
I know how hard the holidays are when you've just lost a loved one. I don't know if time actually heals but I do know that time makes me more grateful that I shared time in that special life.
♡Sally (VAM volunteer)

June said...

A little late, but never too late, right? Happy T-day, and many more. Hope the many will be full of other joys, somewhat like Corky. Never could be as good as, but at least maybe a foot warmer.