Friday, December 6, 2013

Signs and Flowrs 12-05-13

As many of you know, I really do hate to shop.  But the time comes when I must do it.  Today I bought two handbags at TJMaxx and a new pair of black pants at the Dress Barn.  I was exhausted!


Since I haven't been shopping in a long time this may be something that many stores do.  I went out of the dressing room to look for another size and when I returned there was my name on the door!  Gosh, I felt like a movie star!  What a great thing to do.  Congrats to Dress Barn.


Just cool!

I met my friends Carol and Dick at our favorite restaurant "Fish in a Bottle".  I know I have visited the ladies room before, but this interesting fresh flower bouquet was never there.


It is very striking against the "marble" wall and at first I thought they were artificial flowers.


But, on closer look I saw they were real, and lovely, flowers.


The secret is this heavy vinyl "vase".  I don't know how it is put together, but it is not sewn (of course).  There are three tapering, skinny compartments and the water goes up to about an inch below the top of the vinyl.  Cute, eh?   After I looked at these pictures I realized I should have checked behind the vase to see how it is fastened to the wall.   Sigh!  Guess I'll have to go back for dinner again, just to check out the vase in the bathroom. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Wow, I have to agree that the name on the door is really cool!! If you set a date to shop say once a month, maybe you can get a friend to go as well and make it a fun day. I only shop with my daughter, well for clothes, but I'm OK at a fabric store on my own :)