Friday, August 29, 2014

Yesterday's pictures 08-28-14

Yes, it is a repeat of yesterday's picture.  I haven't been to a Mall for years, but the other day I kept thinking about California Pizza Kitchen's Moroccan Salad.  I looked up the closest CPK on my cell phone and drove over after seeing the dental hygienist.  I wasn't sure which end of the mall it was located and I picked the wrong one.  By the time I walked in the heat from the parking lot to the A/C'd interior  and found a schematic, I decided I would just walk down to the other end rather than go back to move my car.  The display of books hanging on ropes was at one end of the mall.  It seems like a clever idea, but the volume of books was too puny to make an impact.   Whoever did the display work was not a professional book hanger and it just looked shabby.
 
 
This mall has changed since I was there maybe five or six years ago (or longer).  They have added seating areas with comfortable chairs and love seats.  Also a few with massaging chairs!   There are also little snack places in the middle of the "concourse" - used to be food was either in the food court or in a store front - like CinnaBon or Mrs. Fields, the chocolate cookie company.  There were a lot of people there (I thought) for a Monday afternoon.  They seemed to all walk abreast, no matter if there were two or half a dozen, so I had to do some New York shuffle.  I saw many tiny stores - a place that sells just ball caps, one called the "Flip Flop Shop" which sells only flip flops, and other "exclusive"  sales places.  It was interesting, but it will probably be another five or six years before I visit another mall.  The salad, by-the-way, was just as delicious as when I had it a few months ago in a stand-alone CPK in Long Beach.
#   #   # 


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you. The salad sounds like fun, however, malls are, I believe, somewhat of a menace!

Quiltedtime said...

As a lover of books, I have mixed feelings about piercing a perfectly good one.

I agree with you about malls. I rarely go and don't feel particularly safe when I do.