Thursday, September 11, 2014

Words and comments 09-11-14

Okay, I'll give it up!  Yesterday's image is of door knobs in the Arabia Steamboat Museum in Kansas City, Missouri.  The rectangular items on the left are stacks of hinges.  These are some of the few displays they had of things retrieved from the ship and not yet cleaned.  I imagine that some of the debris between the knobs is the packing material used to pack them in boxes or crates.  One wonders how many years it will take to clean everything and restore what needs to be restored. You can see other artifacts in my previous posts about the museum at:
It is a most fascinating place - if you go give yourself lots of time!
 
Thank you for all the Birthday wishes, both via the Internet and Snail mail.  76 isn't that important as a milestone, but in only four more years I'll be 80!  THEN I will have a big event to celebrate - or not!  When my 75th birthday rolled around I went out to dinner with San Diego friends and was presented with these cool dice to hang on my rear view mirror.  I thought they might work as earrings, but I guess not.  Currently they hang on the corner of my TV screen, since it is illegal to drive with them on the rear view mirror. 
 
 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Dolores said...

You are so fun!!

abelian said...

And I was thinking the hinges could be moldy crackers. The colors in that photo are a nice mixture of warm and cool.

Dottie

Mary Ann said...

Love you in the green! Happy Birthday, many happy healthy more!
PS You got ten years on me!