Monday, November 17, 2014

Canyon Quilters meeting in San Diego 11-17-14

I drove down to San Diego this afternoon to attend the evening meeting of the Canyon Quilters.  It was a celebration of their thirty years of existence, presentation/voting/bidding on the Challenge quilts and a fabulous potluck.   It was a fun meeting and it seemed that everyone had a good time.  They have some fantastic cooks!  

I did finish my little challenge quilt and it sold, so I was glad I made the effort.  However, it was a long slog back home and I arrived about 10:15pm.  I am very sleepy, so I will go to bed early tonight and post the challenge quilts tomorrow night. 

"My Secret Garden is no Secret Anymore."  Del Thomas  2014 
Commercial cotton fabric, illusion netting, fusing, machine piecing and quilting.  (Thread knotted in corners the way Sue Benner does her quilts.)

If the phrasing sounds a little odd, just think back a number of decades to when there was a popular song called "Secret Love" - that song claimed her "secret love was no secret anymore".  I think it was Doris Day.  

I haven't done much quilt making the the past few years and seem to have lost some of my technical skills.  The satin stitch edge on this quilt is not the best - one of the things I will need to practice if I am going to do it again.  
#    #    #

2 comments:

Susan Turney said...

I love your quilt, Del!

Dolores said...

I really love it!!