Friday, February 6, 2015

The rain came 02-06-15

 The weather man kept saying there would be rain and finally there is; not very hard, but  a soft, steady rain.  This afternoon we had a shower accompanied  by thunder, but it didn't last long. Tomorrow seems it will be a better day to travel and the main part of the storm is supposed to roll in on Sunday.  I'd just as soon not drive I-5 south on Sunday because the traffic is heavier.   So, I will be going home tomorrow.
 
Yesterday when I went to Hollister to see Joe, I took some pictures along the way
.
I think this is an apple tree, there were several in full bloom.  The Bradford Pears around the hospital are all wearing their fluffy white blossoms.
 
This being an agricultural area there are lots of critters around.  Sheep, goats, cows, horses, but I never see chickens - here or anywhere in my travels.
 
On a little side road there is this lot full of things for sale, but other than the solar panels I don't know what anything is. .
 
Here we have solar panel, "carriage lamp" and ??
 
Lots of wild mustard on the way to Hollister.
 
The grey in the middle of the picture are the dried stalks of the telegraph weeds left from last summer. 
 
Wild mustard and wild radish in a field close to the hospital.
 
Mistletoe grows in the tall trees.
 
One of the few straight stretches on the way up the mountain - lots of California Live Oak trees in this area. 
#   #   # 

No comments: