Friday, March 20, 2015

Fishing birds in town 03-20-15

I've shown pictures before of the Anaheim Lakes that are located behind the Starbuck's I frequent.  Today there were more birds than I have seen in quite a long time.  These pictures were taken through the chain link fence.  
 

This is a lake where people pay to go inside the fence and fish.  It is regularly stocked with trout and (I think) catfish. It was a gorgeous day in the mid-80s and there were a quite a few fisher people.

There was a giant flotilla of water birds - gulls, cormorants, and the migratory white pelicans.  Along the shore were several dozen little egrets fishing in the shallows.

Here is maybe a family of white pelicans - an adult male, a juvenile and a female.  They are gorgeous when in flight with their wide wing span, tipped in black. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the glowing quality in the last picture. It makes the pelicans look other-worldy and dreamlike.