Thursday, May 14, 2015

Puzzling occupation 05-14-15

I do Jigzone jigsaw puzzles almost every day - they are relaxing and challenging; I am a "medium" puzzle solver online.  But I haven't worked on an actual cardboard puzzle for years.  So, when I arrived in San Juan Bautista and found that Mary had a puzzle in progress, I couldn't resist.  It was even more of a temptation since the subject was one of Ruth McDowell's quilts.  The quilt "Blue Tree" was made in 1990 and the puzzle produced by C&T Publishing in 1997.  It is a hard puzzle, if only 550 pieces, because of all the plaid fabrics used in the background.  Five people worked on it and Mary and I finished it the night before I left to drive on to Oregon. 
 
Mary has this great "pan" she used for dyeing that makes a great puzzle table.

Two other contributors were Mary's daughter Linda and g'girl Heather.

"Blue Tree"  Ruth McDowell 1990  75"W x 78.5"L

"I'm looking for a red piece with a little green on the corner."
 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Dolores said...

You told me about on-line puzzles at Rayna's class and I've been doing them every morning since!! I love puzzles :)

Cindy Cooksey said...

How fun to do a Ruth McDowell puzzle! I didn't know they ever existed. It does look challenging. I should do jigsaw puzzles more often than I do....

Deb Mackay said...

We usually do a puzzle in the afternoon on Christmas day. I'm getting a Ruth McDowell puzzle this year.