Monday, June 1, 2015

New machine added to my repetoire 06-01-15

Today I purchased a used Sweet Sixteen from a quilting friend who just wasn't using it anymore.  I'm  hoping that having a dedicated machine for quilting will entice me to do more FMQ and FINISH some UFOs.  I've heard such excitement from quilters who use one of these less invasive machines (I don't have a room I can dedicate to a longarm) that I want some of that thrill.  I hope it works out.  The footprint of 36"x30" will require letting something go in my sewing room, maybe I don't need a dining room table (used for piling stuff) AND a cutting table.  This acquisition will be a major change and require a major amount of time to integrate the Sweet Sixteen into my room and my life.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

#   #   # 


3 comments:

Suzanne Kistler said...

I'm curious to hear how you like it. I have a Tiara, which is a similar machine by Babylock. I've had it for two years, and quilted three baby quilts on it. That's it. I find that I prefer my Bernina. That was unexpected.

Mary Ann said...

I LOVE mine! The first quilt I did on it was my Quilt National prize winner. Best of luck with yours. I butted mine up to a table with my Bernina on it so all I have to do is turn my chair, I have lots of room to move the quilt as needed.. I have lots of fun with free motion.

Loretta said...

Oh my! Have fun with your new toy!!!