Thursday, July 2, 2015

Home Again 07-02-15

I drove home from San Juan Bautista today.  Due to the construction on I-5  I decided to drive Hwy 101, but I might as well have gone down I-5, because the traffic was horrendous.  I figured it would be bad tomorrow and Monday, but I was wrong.  I added almost two hours to my trip by stopping in Pacific Grove to visit Back  Porch Fabrics.  Such a jolt of color and texture, it made the trip home worthy.  With that stop I was on the road for almost ten hours and my legs are still twitching.  It was a gorgeous day to  drive down  the coast and the blue Pacific was especially blue today.  It was clear enough to see the Channel Islands off the coast.

Near Mussel Shoals

I believe this island is Santa Rosa, it is probably the same distance at sea as Catalina Island, which, contrary to the popular song is actually 28 miles away not 26 miles.  The structure on the left of the picture is an oil platform.
#   #   #


No comments: