Sunday, October 18, 2015

Kathleen Probst quilt in TCQC

I drove down to San Diego yesterday for the opening of "Interpretations" the newest exhibit at Visions Art Museum.  There were 14 of the 31 artists at the opening - always fascinating to hear them talk about their work.  One of them was Kathleen Probst of Idaho who flew down for the weekend.  I had the pleasure of her company at dinner and again at lunch today.  What she does is very modern, although she doesn't consider herself a "modern" quilt artist - just an artist.  This is one of her pieces in TCQC which I added several years ago. 
 
Wings #2: Pairing Up  Kathleen Probst 2012  27.75"x 28.5"

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you for sharing Ms. Probst Wings#2. A "modern" quilt and quilter. Over the weekend I spent my days at PIQF. Wow!! Gorgeous quilts galore! I became very involved with the "modern" quilt! Now, I just need to be able to identify a "modern" from an "art" quilt. I think they overlap in design and construction, but I'll need to learn more! SAQA's table was quite busy with visitors and interest! It was a busy and fun weekend!

Kathleen Probst said...

I had a wonderful weekend and I was so happy to spend time with you. The conversation was as delicious as the food. Thank you for sharing my piece here.