Sunday, November 22, 2015

Llisa Flowers Ross quilt added to TCQC 11-22-15

This is the last of the four quilts I purchased from the SAQA auction this year.  I have been watching Lisa's work for some time and met her at the SAQA Conference in Portland last spring.  This expression of a gingko leaf is so calming, I had to add it to TCQC.
 
 
"Follaris  IX" Lisa Flowers Ross - Boise, ID  2015
Fabrics hand-dyed by the artist, fused  applique, machine stitched.
 
The color is bleached out in this image, but I wanted to show how smooth her satin stitch is.


She put on a nice sleeve and also included the hanging rod.

Nice neat label, but no contact.  How do I find her to buy more quilts?
In this electronic age one needs to put on a website or a e-mail address.
 
#   #   # 

3 comments:

Kate said...

I met Lisa at the Conference also - what a lovely lady, and what beautiful work! So fluid!

Sandy said...

http://lisaflowersross.net/
It is pretty easy to find with a search engine.
I have followed her blog for sometime - but she recently moved it to the website.
Sandy in the UK

Lisa Flowers Ross said...

Thanks, Del, for purchasing and posting my piece. Thanks Kate and Sandy for the nice comments. From now on, I will make note to put some contact info. on the label!