Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bonnie Hunter and Sashimi 02-09-16

Today was the February meeting of Surfside Quilters Guild and Bonnie Hunter was our speaker.  We had 164 in attendance, including 29 guests who all came because of Bonnie.  She did a great program showing about 20 full sized quilts and shared some of  her quiltmaking theories.  I'll be doing her workshop tomorrow making her quilt design "Texas Tumbleweeds".  The squares and rectangles are all cut and the sewing machine and all equipment are in the car. 
 
This is one of the quilts she showed today.  What I would call a coordinated scrap quilt because the color is limited.  Of course, I love this one because it is yellow and blue, my favorite combo.
 
This evening I took myself to dinner at Fish in a Bottle and had the tuna and salmon sashimi.  It was extra good - my hunger and the fine quality of the fish.  It was served on a bed of finely shredded raw beets - yummy.  The sushi chef kindly cuts it extra small for me because I have a hard time getting the usual size pieces in my mouth.

 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Kathleen Probst said...

Your sashimi looks fantastic. I'm a little jealous.