Thursday, March 31, 2016

Not my Chickens 03-31-16

I don't know what the law is in Anaheim, but in Placentia, residents are not permitted to have chickens in their yards.  Having lived where someone had a rooster and didn't clean up after their chickens, I can see the logic of such a law.  But I miss seeing chickens.  When I am driving across country I always expect to see chickens, bur rarely do. 
 

 
However, when I go to my local Starbuck's, which is in Anaheim, I see these two who have been living there for over a year.  Recently the company has remodeled the inside of the store and re-landscaped the outside.  I worried about my chicken friends, but needlessly.  They are still there and enjoying their new surroundings.  I think they were dumped at Anaheim Lakes and just moved over the fence to the Starbuck's lot.  Nice to see chickens in town.  Reminds me of San Juan Bautista on the central coast where chickens run free all over the place. 
 
#   #   #

2 comments:

sonja said...

That is a beautiful B/W chicken! i am down to 3 just now. Once i raised a chick and had a fun rooster that i named Peaches for almost 5 Years. lucky we are rr (rural route) so they are somewhat safe, though i have seen baby wild pigs chase hens just for sport!.

Loretta said...

Yes, I think chickens add a bit of humor and liveliness to any environment!