Thursday, June 2, 2016

Another Del quilt 06-02-16

"Raging River"  Del Thomas  2015  20"W x 16"L
Commercial cotton, batiks, hand-dyes.  Cotton batting, cotton thread.
This was part of Surfside Quilters Guild 2015 challenge titled "It Is All About The Water" and received the prize for best depiction of the theme.  Lucky me!  There were four challenge fabrics and I added the Marcia Derse "weeds", the darkest brown batik, the grey hills and another blue.   The sky is a hand-dye by Elizabeth Barton that I have had for a decade.   The yellow was required.
 
My curves are not all smooth, I've lost my skills while I have not been making many quilts.
 
I enjoy putting bright unexpected prints on the back of my quilts.  The quilt is faced rather than bound and this was the first time I tried a new template given to me by Deb Mackay.  It makes a better edge on the inside than the way I have done it before. 
 
Hope I have everything on the label.  Notice the little peeps at the bottom. 
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I hadn't noticed the ripples in your curves....thought it was your clever way of adding motion to your water!!! ;-)