Friday, July 8, 2016

Another Del's quilts 07-07-16

Since I haven't kept a list of my own quilts I have posted I suppose I will be reposting some.  Sorry!
 
This one is from the Journal Quilt Project - second year, and was a stretch for me.  The area that goes across the middle is sort of zig-zag stitching with metallic thread.  The five rectangles are cut from the holograms from used credit cards.  It was completely made up as I went along, something I had never done before.  I always had an idea before I started any project.  I have done some spontaneous pieces since 2002, but it isn't my favorite way to work.  I'm a plan ahead sort of gal.
 
 
"Marsh Morning"  Del Thomas  2002  8-1/2"W x 11"L
Commercial and hand-dyed cottons, cotton batting, cotton thread, metallic thread, and plastic rectangles.
Machine pieced and quilted.
#   #   # 


1 comment:

Loretta said...

I too find this a difficult way to work...spontaneously! Your background is very interesting...seems like you had fun trying different materials and techniques!