Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Sushi for lunch in San Diego 03-28-17

I drove to San Diego again today to show my friend Carol the exhibits at Visions Art Museum.  They are so outstanding I wish everyone could visit.  Our friend Teresa was unable to join us because she has shingles on her back.  Ouch! 
 
The current exhibits, including the small gallery devoted to the work of Susan Else, will end on Sunday, April  2nd. In the large gallery there are works by Alice Beasley, Jennifer Day, Sherry Davis Kleinman, Lori Lupe Pelish, Susan Polansky, and Joan Sowada. I enjoyed this group of exhibits so much, I wish it could stay forever!  If you have a chance before the exhibit comes down, do go and be amazed.
 
After seeing the exhibits and the wonderful offerings in the gift shop Carol and I went to Ikiru for lunch.  So delicious, I think it is my most favorite sushi place. 
 

I had the Poky, very good, but the spicy tuna rolls on the bottom were REALLY spicy.  I had three glasses of water!

Carol had this sumptuous Bento Box lunch.  The tempura pieces were veggies and shrimp and she let me have the green bean one - it was tasty and a good calm down from the spicy shrimp.
 
We drove home in the afternoon in medium traffic and through an array of wildflowers.  Lots of wild mustard everywhere, some of it six feet tall.  The result of all the rain we have had. 
 
Great Day.  #   #   #   

2 comments:

Loretta said...

I did have the opportunity to share this Visions exhibit with a dear friend...we both truly loved the exhibit and the variety of images and techniques used the the artists. I've had the pleasure of seeing various exhibits at Visions and each has been extraordinary. This is a wonderful museum, not too big, not too small...just perfect for an afternoon to share this wonderful art with a friend.

Carol said...

What a grand day! I don't believe I have enjoyed an exhibit so much since the one of the Thomas Contemporary Quilts. The Susan Else works are truly uniquely creative. I will never forget them. Thank you, dear Del!