Friday, April 21, 2017

Throwback Thursday 04-20-17

Sometimes I enjoy looking back through my pictures and revisiting scenes from past years.  These pictures were taken in April/May 2013 when I drove to Washington State to take a class with Joan Schulze at the Pacific Northwest Art School in Coupeville on Whidby Island.  It was an enchanting trip and the class was terrific.  Unfortunately it was the last class that Joan taught before she retired from teaching (but she is still making quilts).  I visited friends along the way and drove some byways to see the landscape and the gorgeous spring flowers.  Wish I could do this exact trip all over again, but then I do have all the pictures and wonderful memories. 

Wild Pacific Dogwood

Tulips

Pansy planter on the porch in Coupeville.

The walk up to my little cabin in Coupeville.

Oregon Grape blossom - Oregon state flower.
 
Pink Rhododendron

Amazing blue Rhododendron - this color hadn't been "invented" when I was growing up.

Scilla and dandelion puffs

Dutchman's Britches/Bleeding hearts

Dandelion and puff

Redbud tree at rest stop near Grants Pass, OR.

Tulips in Coupeville, WA.

#   #   # 

 

2 comments:

Loretta said...

I too love to revisit your visits! Thank you.

sonja said...

thanks for the road trip and flower photos. i imagine the Whidbey Island is enchanting and a wonderful vacation for fabric/color/texture folks!