Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Yellow wildflowers 04-11-17

Some years ago I read an article that claimed that the most common wildflower color is purple/violet.  I disagree and think the most common color is yellow/gold.  Whenever I see wildflowers now I think of that and always tend to pick out the yellow ones.  So, I don't know if it is my mental categorizing or if there really are more yellow wildflowers.
 
I think this is a hybrid, cultivated flower - but isn't it pretty?



Yellow cone flower

Sweet clover along the highway all over the west at moderate elevations.
 
A close-up of sweet clover.
 
 
Goldenrod

One of the hundreds of types of sunflowers.



Don't know this one -  Solanaceae, or nightshade family.

Monkey flower. 
 
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

A bit of trivia for today! I just read that Crayola is retiring the color "Dandelion"! Yellow for me is a very HAPPY color!