Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Breakfast in San Diego 05-02-17

I haven't been to San Diego much lately .  It is harder with KoKo, who needs to have a keeper if I am gone overnight, or if I have to leave him for more than about six hours.  It is minimum two hours each way to SDiego and sometimes, such as Saturday morning, it is more likely three hours or more.  I went down last Saturday around noon to attend the opening of the new exhibits at Visions Art Museum. http://www.visionsartmuseum.org/exhibits/  and spent the night at HIE in Old Town, so that I could have breakfast with some SDiego friends. 

We went to "Farmer's Bottega" on Washington Street (which is a very long street, but the restaurant is only a few minutes from Old Town HIE).   I tend to get lost in SDiego once I get away from the region around VAM, so my friends picked a place I might find my way to without wandering for hours up and down the strange SDiego hills.   The place was crowded at 10am on a Sunday, but we had a table quickly.  I was very pleased with my Classic Benedict - Two poached eggs, Canadian bacon, house made hollandaise sauce with black beans and avocado.  I could have licked the plate.  My companions were not thrilled with the omelets, but the lady with the cereal and fruit seemed happy.  I wonder if I could have ordered a side of the fruit which looked fresh and very tasty. 
Benedict
 
Omelet
 
A different omelet
 
House made granola with fruit.
 
 
 
We occupied their table for about two hours - until the waiter told us they could use the table for other guests.  There is a patio out back and I suppose it was full up as was the dining room.  We'd been long enough and went on our ways. 
 
I used to go to "brunch" after I had seen my doctor, dentist, periodontist, etc., but with KoKo waiting at home, I rarely do it now.  So, this was a special "event" and I did so enjoy having a long visit with three San Diego friends.  Hope we can do it again someday. 
 
Thanks to Nancy Ota who took KoKo back for the weekend whilst I was gallavantin'.
 
#   #   #

No comments: