Sunday, June 18, 2017

Re-posting quilt by Deidre Adams 06-18-17

In the fall of 2014 Deidre Adams had seven quilts in a series hanging in the Alcove Gallery at Visions Art Museum in San Diego.  They were awesome all hanging together, but I couldn't afford all of them, so I settled on "Tracings VI and VII".  Fortunately, all of the quilts were sold from the gallery and Deidre was very pleased.  And I am pleased that I was there first and was able to buy the two I like best.  I usually don't hang them so close together, but I was photographing outdoors and didn't want to show bits of trees and awnings in between them.

 "Tracings VI" and "Tracings VII"  Deidre Adams, 2014  each is 22"Wx 59.5"L
Cotton fabric, paper, paint,  machine applique and reverse applique, machine pieced and quilted, faced binding. 

Bits of paper with printing in many different languages.
  
Some paper is cut away to show what is underneath.  
 
Hand dyed or painted cotton fabric was used.
 
The quilting was done before the paint was applied.
 
 
The backs of all seven quilts are different.
 
 
Deidre faced the quilts using this funny Christmas fabric which, of course, doesn't show from the front.
 
 


Nice clear labels so that interested parties can get in touch with the artist.  But, unfortunately, no date or size shown. 
 
#   #   #

No comments: