Friday, June 9, 2017

Thursday Threads - "Morning Sniff" 06-08-17

 Every month Surfside Quilters Guild (and many other guilds) have a raffle for some project donated by one of the members.  SQG calls their fund raiser Monthly Mini.  Every year I donate something as part of my commitment to the guild.  The items can bring in from $100 to $300, so it is a good contribution.   

"Morning Sniff"  Del Thomas 2010  Approx. 12"W x 17"L
Cotton fabric and thread.  Fused.  Machine quilted.



I had this bird fabric for years, but never knew what to do with it.  Perfect as a backing and it fills in as the bird image I put in every quilt I make.

This is what happens when you apply the label before doing the quilting. Makes it hard to read the date of March 2010.
#   #   #

1 comment:

Monica Shafer said...

For some reason this quilt makes me happy! I grew up with lots of cats and kittens, and your representation of this cat brings back memories of my old feline family. I miss having cats but my husband will not abide them, so I've grown to love my dogs.