Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The end of the month is Surfside Newsletter work 11-28-17

Surfside Quilters Guild held their annual November Fest on Nov 14th and it was quite successful.  We made about what we did last year - $15,000.  It helps us have very good speakers and lets us all have a chance to work together and make new friends in the guild
 
I am working on the newsletter for December and want to share the quilt that had the highest bid in the quilt auction.  It was made by a friendship group and donated to the auction.  I bid on it until it got to $400 and had to drop out.  I don't even do Christmas, but I fell in love with this quilt.  The actual color is a bit brighter, but the yellowish lights in the meeting room are hard to filter out.  This is the best I could do.  Isn't it cute?   Notice that some of the figures are snowwomen - you can tell because they are wearing heels and one is carrying a pink purse.  And then there is a snowpuppy at the bottom.  I'll put a picture in my "maybe, someday" file and perhaps make my own one day. 

 
#   #   #
 
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

A wonderful quilt...the whimsy of the blocks makes me HAPPY! Thank you.