Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Del's Quilts Ghost Gums 12-27-17

Here is another Del quilt.  This one was created in an Empty Spools Seminars Ruth McDowell class in 2005.  One of about half a dozen or so quilts from her classes that I have actually finished and quilted.  I have quite a few finished tops that I have never had the nerve to quilt.  The top picture (the full quilt) is on a background of ecru because it is so narrow I think it needs the background wall showing.   This one belongs to a collector in Pacific Grove, CA. 
 
"Ghost Gums"  Del Thomas 2005  10"W x 50"L
Cotton fabrics, thread, batting.  Pieced and quilted by home machine.
Ghost Gums are the tall light colored trunks of certain species of eucalyptus trees.  In the wild they tower up above the surrounding shorter trees and glow in the moonlight.

"Ghost Gums" DETAIL  Del Thomas 2005  10"W x 50"L
These oak and maple leaves would not be under a gum tree, just consider them dirt and leaves - it is the texture I was going for.
 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Wow! Fantastic....your design, color choices, fabric choices and execution are wonderful. Another fabulous quilt by Del. Thanks so much for sharing. P.S. Love the format!
May the New Year bring love, fun, quilting, good times and good health to you and KoKo. xo

abelian said...

Made me laugh! I have a quilt top from Ruth's class that I, also, haven't had the nerve to quilt!

Dottie