Sunday, March 25, 2018

Visiting quilts from the past 03-24-18

The screen on my lap top is still broken and I have not ordered a new one.  Procrastination is me!  One reason I keep putting it off is the length of time it will take to download all the files I have backed up.  I need to go through and delete about half of them.  But it is an extremely boring job and I have not made a lot of progress.  Recently I was looking through some picture files on Picasa (which is no longer supported by Microsoft) and came upon some treasures from years past.   One quilt I found is by Jan Hirth who I have gotten to know in the past ten years.  Especially since the beginning of Surfside Quilters Guild in May 2009.  Jan is an expert quilt maker, both hand and machine work, and I greatly admire her talent.  When I took these pictures at the 2008 Pacific International Quilt Festival I did not know her well although we were both members of Beach Cities Quilt Guild in San Juan Capistrano.  I love this quilt.  It is so inventive, bright, and fun.  So, I am showing it again after all these years.  There is no KoKo here, but I'll bet he would love it too.


"Puppy Picks"  Jan Hirth - Laguna Niguel, CA  39" L X 32.5" W
Commercial cotton prints.  Machine pieced and quilted.

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

The Scotty is a standout! Thank you.

Rebecca said...

That is TOO funny! The last one I found (process of elimination) was the watch dog. Groan! I'm not sure how the pink panther is a dog, but this is just delightful!