Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Missed a few days 05-23-18

Many apologies.  All is well and I arrived at my destination yesterday - with friends Mabel and Mac in Mt. Vernon, Washington.  But I have been having computer problems - again - and last evening when I went into my pictures to catch up and post, the battery on my mouse died.  Although I carry a couple spares I didn't check them before leaving home and they have been in my computer bag for too long and they also were dead.  I will have to stop somewhere today to buy a new supply.  Meanwhile I have borrowed from Mabel. 

I hope I can keep my computer going this evening so I can try to catch up with notes and pictures of the last two days.  But I need to get ready now to go with Mabel to see a few people I know up here and a bunch that she knows.  The weather is gorgeous so I know we will see the snow capped mountains and vast meadows and fields in the sunshine.  GREAT!  I am so happy I made this trip and am enjoyed the driving and the views.  But not the computer pains.  


I saw Seattle.

But then I drove in the Express lanes which go underground through downtown and cross the water on this multi-level bridge.  So, I didn't REALLY see Seattle - just a glimpse, but light traffic in the express lanes at about 2:30pm.  It was a breeze - never thought I would say that about Seattle!  However, the long slow drag up from Vancouver, WA, where I spent the night was exhausting.  Stop and go.  

#   #   #



1 comment:

Loretta said...

Your continued travel is very, very inspirational. My driver's foot is itching! I haven't made a trip in quite a while, so I'm due. Thank you so much for sharing your adventurous spirit!