Friday, August 17, 2018

A Bit of a Guessing Game & some Architecture 08-16-18

I have been talking about my sorting project - sorting through all the quilting/sewing items that belonged to a friend who can not longer sew.  There is one thing I cannot identify, have not the slightest idea what it is intended to do.  It might be something that goes on a sewing machine, but where?  And why?  I wonder if someone out there in blog land can help.  I have photographed it on a one inch gridded cutting board to show the size.  About 8 1/2" long.  It was in the original plastic bag, but no company name, logo, or contact info.  

This is one side - top or bottom.
The "pole" that sticks out is square and is closed at the ends. 

This is the other side - top or bottom. 

 Side view. 

This is the only thing that isn't clear acrylic - a curved metal strip. 

The outside of the bottom piece - below the metal strip. 
Let me know if you have an idea what this could be. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This has nothing to do with what is above, but I found it fascinating.  The only one I have seen is the Sydney Opera House: 

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

No guesses yet! Well, I'll give it a try. I think this is attached to your sewing machine's presser foot area and you can use it to guide a very long and cumbersome garment or perhaps large quilt through the presser foot! An elongated guide!

Gale said...

I thought I posted yesterday. It is a Bernina guide that fits on the extension table. I ordered one from eBay two days ago.