Thursday, October 11, 2018

Traveling again 10-11-18

I frequently see sunsets and take far too many pictures of them, but I am a night owl and rarely see sunrises, usually when traveling and out on the road early.  

Sunset along I-5 in California's central valley - Tuesday 10-09-18




I drove north to Redding, CA, to deliver some of Toni's stuff to the people collecting quilts and quilting supplies for those quilters burned out of their homes in the horrific summer fires.  The next morning I was up and on the road early because I had an appointment in Pacific Grove at 10:30am.

Sunrise south of Sacramento - Thursday, 10-11-18





I saw three Sandhill Cranes flying off from a field in this dawn's early light, a thrill for this old birder.  I wish I had time to visit one of the wildlife refuges because this is peak crane season.   Next trip?
#   #   #


1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful photos. Hooray for the Sandhill crane sighting!