Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday Food 01-04-19

I don't always remember to take pictures of my food at restaurants.  Way back in 1990 when I went on a textile tour of Great Britain there was a lady who photographed almost all her meals.  This was before digital cameras and we all thought she was a little odd, but, hey, do your own thing.  With digital it seems there is always someone snapping shots of what they eat.  I find it interesting and enjoy looking back at what I ate and when and where.  One of my favorite meals I always order to go and that is poke bowls.  My favorite place is H2O in Irvine, but I don't really understand why their food is better than other places I try.  I wouldn't mind finding a place closer to home, Irvine is about 17 miles, so I only go there when I am en route from south Orange County or San Diego. 


One goes down the serving counter and selects the items one wants in their bowl.  Here is sushi rice, salmon, scallops, corn, edamame, papaya, masago, special sauce, and black sesame seeds.  One has three fish selections, but i ask for two scoops of salmon and one of scallops.  Sometimes I vary it, but this is my favorite combination.  Soooooo good. 

Irvine (Irvine Market Place) 13262 Jamboree Rd. IrvineCA...www.h2opokefishgrill.com
#   #   #

1 comment:

Linda M said...

OMG, that looks so good. Here in rural Idaho it's impossible to get a poke bowl.