Sunday, March 31, 2019

A phone visit with Ruth McDowell 03-31-19

Ruth B. McDowell - Colrain, MA

I don't know when this picture was taken, probably ten years ago.  We talk on the phone now and then and today we had a nice visit, talking about quilts, fabric selection, what we are working on right now, what is happening with people we know in common, and, well, just stuff.  The temperature in Colrain was about 40F and in Placentia 84F.   Of course, we are about 3000 miles apart, but it seems so …. drastic!  

One thing we briefly discussed is an exhibit of her work at Visions Art Museum in San Diego, planned for January - March 2020.  It will be quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection and, possibly, some new quilts by Ruth.  It is all very tenuous right now, but it will happen.   I'll keep you updated

I'm still struggling with the new laptop.  I will get help soon so that I can get back to posting current images. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

Ruth is my quilty hero, so great news about the exhibit!