Thursday, June 6, 2019

Bower's Museum visit 06-06-19

Yesterday, Wednesday, a friend and I visited the Gua Pai exhibit at Bower's Museum in Santa Ana, CA.  The clothing by the Chinese couturier is mostly not for wearing.  She considers it her art expression and it is spectacular.  I took a lot of pictures, but am still struggling to get them from my phone into my laptop.  I'm working on that.  

This comparatively simple gown is my favorite.  My friend pointed out how 1950's it is and that is probably why I like it.  Yep, guilty as charged, I would have worn this to my high school prom and any other special event I could.  

I had hoped to post about 20 images taken at the exhibit, but it has taken me hours to just get this one to show.  Maybe tomorrow I will have better luck.  Meanwhile you can visit the Bower's website for additional images.  The exhibit lasts until July 14 - I highly recommend it for the style, embroidery, fabrics, etc.  

I believe this is the correct URL to reach the website:

#   #   #

No comments: