Monday, June 17, 2019

Quilt from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection go traveling 06-16-19

I'm sending  both of these quilts off for exhibits.  I will miss them and hope they have safe travels. 

"Douglas Fir Cone"  Terry Grant - Beaverton, OR  2010 27.5"W x 34"L
This quilt will be part of a special exhibit of Terry's work at Houston this fall. 
You can read more about this quilt at:


"Not Even Solomon"   Ruth de Vos - Australia  2009  71"W x 58"L
This quilt will be in the SAQA traveling exhibit "Layered and Stitched" and won't come home for three years!  But think of all the people around the world who will be able to enjoy it during that time.  I'm so glad they asked to borrow it.  
The first time I saw this quilt I didn't buy it, but I did post about it on this blog:
http://delquilts.blogspot.com/2009/10/piqf-15-last-of-world-quilts-10-29-09.html

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Not Even Solomon is one of my favorite quilts of all time! Design, color and workmanship are wonderful. Thank you for sharing it once again.