Monday, July 8, 2019

Sewing on little quilts 07-08-19

The Surfside Quilters Guild in San Clemente, CA. has a challenge every other year and this is the year.  The theme this time around is "Hang Ten" in keeping with our seaside location.  There was a packet of fabric and instructions, which are pretty standard for all challenges.  For this project one must include ten of something, or the numeral 10 or the word ten, etc.  I decided to do "Hang Ten Quilts", using the main fabric as the background - a sort of Quilt Show.   I had forgotten that making a tiny quilt takes a LOT of time including the finishing.  

This is my first quilt.  It is about 6" square and uses 1" "blocks".  I didn't do well on the quilting, but I rather like the rough look; it wasn't intententional .   Originally I thought I would make all the quilts the same size, but that doesn't represent a quilt show very well, so they are all different sizes, colors, techniques,  and either square or rectangular.  

I suppose some of my fellow guild members read this blog so I am spoiling the surprise at the unveiling at the August meeting.  However,  I haven't done much else but work on these little quilts, so haven't anything else to talk about.  The other nine little quilts will be the surprise.

#   #   # 

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Love your little surprise!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like that quilt, especially the star in the center. I might make something similar for my mini quilt of the month. I don't think I am up to making a whole quilt show though!