Thursday, February 27, 2020

A Resting Day with KoKo 02-27-20

These days whenever I drive a distance (like the 200 mile round trip to/from San Diego) I am just too tired the next day, no matter how much sleep I have had.  So, now I plan for a rest day after each travel day.  Age requires adjustments for me.   I did my physical therapy appointment and took KoKo for his walk around the neighborhood loop, put a few things away, looked through my e-mail and Facebook, and rested. 

KoKo has been very  active lately and today was no exception. He received a new toy from the KoKo caregiver while I was up north.  It is a yellow snake (at least it faintly resembles one) that is 18" long and about 7" in circumference.  It has four little feet and did have two ears about 1 1/2" long.  He tore one ear off before I returned from up north and has been tugging and chewing on the other one until finally it was hanging on by a thread.  I cut it off and thought the earholes were too small for him to do any more damage.  Wrong.  He was in the living room working on the squeaker and then it was very quiet.  I went in to see what he was up to and found him frantically pulling the stuffing through the earholes!  He had seven or eight large wads scattered around.  So, I stopped what I was doing, re-stuffed the batting and sewed up the holes.  Now he just works on the squeaker which is in the snaky nose.  He hasn't deserted Froggy though. 



Bedtime with KoKo's current favorite toys. 

#   #   #

1 comment: