Friday, February 17, 2023

Friday Food 02-17-23


My friend Carol Bednar and I are always looking for new lunch spots and tried a new one on Thursday.  It is quite near California State University - Fullerton, so only about 2 miles from my house.  It is "Fraise" (French for strawberry) and they serve savory and sweet crepes.  A very small space where you order at the counter and they deliver your food to your table.  The crepe pans are behind a glass shield so you can watch them being made if you wish.   It is a large serving and we had some leftover for a doggie box.  Good reheated in the microwave. 

My choice was a Norwegian crepe.
Smoked salmon, spring lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, capers.

Carol enjoyed a Chicken Florentine crepe.
Roasted chicken breast, melted Swiss, mushrooms, spinach, red onions.

The pictures of the sweet crepes were very tempting, but too much after our savory choices.  We will probably go back just for dessert one day.  

The weather here is still cold for this area.  I know that my age makes me more sensitive to low temps, but considering the high natural gas bill last month I try to not turn the heat up.  Hard to do much wearing gloves though.

#   #   #
 

No comments: