Friday, February 24, 2023

Lots of rain! 02-24-23


 Lots of weather going on in the West!  I took this picture from the Ralph's parking lot between rain showers.  Today has been mostly rain, continuous starting about 1pm.  We did our walk this morning with just a starting drizzle, but hurried home.  Tonight was full downpour with KoKo in his sweater and I in my rain hat and heavy jacket.  Of course we got wet!!  But I don't have enough arms for my cane, KoKo's leash, AND an umbrella.  We toweled off and ran the little electric heater in the bathroom for a bit.  

I'm glad this, so far, is not such a heavy rain that hillsides start sliding.  Of course, the malva and the oxalis are already growing back!   I must find a gardener, mine retired the first of the year and the yard is getting too wild.  

I am reading "Lessons in Chemistry", but, so far, I don't find it a bit humorous.  On about page 99 the "hero" is killed!!  And the limitations of mid 20th C for woman are very distressing.  I remember them well and they were not funny at all.  Since this is for the Lit Group I will continue reading, but hope it gets a bit more cheerful, if not downright funny.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Diane Perin said...

Hi, Del, hope you and Koko stay dry in this crazy weather! Like you I found Lessons in Chemistry downright painful at times… so much sexism and discrimination, and misunderstanding of her view of the world.