Monday, February 27, 2023

Miscellaneous + Food 02-27-23

A mostly sunny day today, but still too cold - 55F - 41F.   There were a few showers that we managed to miss on our morning and evening walks.  Some neighbors took advantage of a little sunshine to walk their dogs in the park.  This seemed like an organized group so maybe there is such in the patio homes behind us.  There are quite a few regular dog walkers off and on all day, some just walk, others throw balls or frisbees.  It is more than a block from the busy Palm Drive to this end of the park and the dogs seem to stay with their people.  KoKo, I think, finds the park boring because there are only grass and tall trees, no small bushes he can smell and water.  We rarely go there, but walk on the sidewalks in the loop around our tract.  

From the lower right, our low back wall, our slope and iron fence, beyond which you can see the flood control channel, the chain link fence around the park and halfway up is the block wall around the patio home complex.  It is a nice view and usually it is deserted and quiet. 



Food
I do eat some unusual meals.  Mostly depending on what I have in the frig or the fruit/veggie bowl.  Tonight I had no bread, but a ripe avocado.  So, instead of avocado toast I had avocado frozen waffles!  Very tasty, perhaps better than avocado toast.  Just plain avocado with a little salt and a sprinkle of pepper.  I'll put this on my rotating menu.   By-the-way, I prefer Trader Joe's frozen waffles, they are gluten free, but much tastier than the super market brands.  

#   #   #



1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Waffles and guac sounds good to me!