Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Thank You, Anne 11-28-23

If you look back at my post on 11-22-23 and check the  comments you will find a lovely note from Anne in the UK.  Much thanks to Anne for this comment which cheered my day and all the days that follow.   Just to think that a fellow  quilter half a world away finds something worthy in my ramblings gives me SUCH a lift. And it causes me to remember my first face-to-face meeting with Jenny Bowker when I took a class with her at Road to California in Jan 2008 - so many years ago. It was early in the home computer era, but I had been reading blogs and started my own in 2007.  My favorite blog was Jenny's and I knew a lot about her and her life in Egypt where she lived at the time.  So, I was completely flummoxed when she greeted me as stranger!   It was an eye opener - of course I was a stranger, one of thousands of people who read her interesting blog.   I doubt I had ever left a comment for her. This experience gave me a greater reason to comment  on the few blogs I currently read. Only a few readers ever comment on  this blog  and they are usually friends I hear from by other means. Therefore, I REALLY  appreciate  Anne in England  -  Thank You, again. 



#    #    #


2 comments:

abelian said...

I went back and read that nice comment from Anne. I’ve commented here every so often, but I’m trying to comment more on other blogs, too. I’ve been a “lurker” for too long! As I get older, I don’t get out very often, and have moved far away from my long-time friends. Blogs are my window on the world. So thank you, Del. Your posts bring back happy memories of our days in Ruth McDowell’s classes at Empty Spools. And like Anne, I love to see your TCQC quilts, and hear about KoKo. Dottie

Rebecca said...

I am glad you prompted us to look at comments. I have been reading through Feedly, and found that it is cutting off the end of articles!

As you can tell by the date of this, I am woefully behind on my blog reading. Therefore, few comments. I tried commenting from my tablet once or twice, but it didn't work. pffbtth