Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Red Hot Peppers" 09-13-07

This is "Red Hot Peppers" (14" X 40") the little quilt I made for the Beach Cities Quilt Guild Monthly Mini and the meeting was tonight. The pattern for the pepper blocks is from Ruth McDowell's book "Pieced Vegetables", I just came up with the setting. There is a Monthly Mini at every monthly meeting, made and donated by a guild member. Tickets are sold before the meeting is called to order, again during the short break and the winning ticket is drawn before the speaker begins. It is a way to raise money for guild expenses. This is my last contribution, at least for awhile, I have been making the quilt for September for quite a few years. I'll give someone else a chance.


I used a different method for the corners of the binding. Something I read about in Robin Ferrier's Blog for June 20, 2007 http://quiltantics.blogspot.com/2007/06/art-quilt-binding.html I think it does make a neater finish and I found it took less time than doing the mitre or even the blunt ends.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: